Monday, October 13, 2014

Time goes so quickly.


Hold tight to the sound of the music of living,
Happy songs from the laughter of children at play;
Hold my hand as we run through the sweet fragrant meadows,
Making mem'ries of what was today.

Chorus: We have this moment to hold in our hands
and to touch as it slips through our fingers like sand;
Yesterday's gone and tomorrow may never come,
But we have this moment today.

Tiny voice that I hear is my little girl calling,
For Daddy to hear just what she has to say;
And my little son running there by the hillside,
May never be quite like today.

Tender words, gentle touch and a good cup of coffee,
And someone who loves me and wants me to stay;
Hold them near while they're here and don't wait for tomorrow,
To look back and wish for today.

Take the blue of the sky and the green of the forest,
And the gold and the brown of the freshly mown hay;
Add the pale shades of spring and the circus of autumn,
And weave you a lovely today.

Gaither


Just some goofing around but they grow up so quickly.






2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful song! It's funny - we wait 9 months for this new life to be born and then they don't stay little very long. As impatient humans our children are either too little or too big for stuff - we're seldom appreciative of what we have. We need to slow down and savor each minute of every day, just for that moment in time.
    Time passes so very quickly . . . There was a song a number of years ago that said "Turn around and you're two, turn around and you're four, turn around and you're a young girl, going out of the door." and the song from "Fiddler on the Roof" "I don't remember growing older, when did they?" It's been 28 years since my baby was a baby - a lifetime ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the picture of Brent! :) I wish I could come see him soon...but who knows when that will happen. :)

    ReplyDelete